It is with heavy hearts that the members of Prenovost, Normandin, Dawe & Rocha give notice of the passing of their dear friend, brother, and partner, Ted Prenovost. Ted passed away peacefully in the company of his family and his partner Dana, in the early afternoon, February 9, 2017. Those who had the good fortune of having Ted in their lives, will miss him dearly, but will remember him with the greatest fondness. Everything about Ted was big; his smile, his heart, his boundlessly generous spirit.
The younger brother of founding partner Tom Prenovost, Ted joined our firm as an associate in June 2001, after having spent the early years of practice working in-house with Safeco Insurance. His abilities and drive were such that he soon joined the ownership of the firm. Since that time he was instrumental in the firm’s growth and development, building a known and respected construction litigation practice. He has mentored and trained several young lawyers who have, under his guidance become seasoned, capable and ethically driven professionals. His great contribution to our firm, the Bar, and our community will be lasting, and he is dearly missed.
- Western St. Univ., College of Law, Juris Doctor Degree, 1994
- University of California, Davis, Bachelor of Arts Degree, 1990
- Civil Litigation
- Automobile & Dealership Law
- Banking Law / Commercial Litigation
- Business Representation & Complex Litigation
- Collections (Accounts Receivable, Judgements, Real Estate Loans)
- Construction Litigation (Mechanic Liens, Stop Notice, Defects)
- Corporate Law and Consulting
- Insurance Defense (Panel Counsel)
- Insurance Coverage
- Broker Liability
- Employment Practices Defense
- Real Estate
Admitted To Practice In:
- California Supreme Court
- All California Courts of Appeal
- All Federal, State and Bankruptcy Courts in California
20 year experienced trial attorney specializing in local, regional and national civil litigation on behalf of banks, businesses, contractors, corporations, distributors, finance companies, manufacturers and individuals both directly and through their insurance companies in construction defect real estate finance litigation, banker broker liability, employment liability, and business litigation.
I am honored to be appointed panel counsel for some of the largest public/private finance companies and insurance companies. I am fortunate to maintain an active trial calendar appearing and obtaining judgments or defense verdicts in favor of our clients on a consistent basis. I take pride in the art of advocacy and trial and work to achieve my client’s desired goal while keeping litigations costs low. As an experienced trial attorney and litigation resolution expert, I understand the clients goal and litigation expense are equal considerations to the client. I believe in a resolution focused approach from the initial consultation to conclusion. I will work extremely hard to win on behalf of my client.
- Jury trial experience in complex litigation involving automobile, business, construction, finance, real estate and bodily injury
- Successful results in over 700 mediations and arbitrations
- General Litigation Counsel for National Real Estate Finance Companies
- General Litigation Counsel for Regional Residential and Commercial Construction Contractors
- Experience Banker Broker Liability Defense
- Counsel to Stucco Manufacturers Association since 2003, Plastering Contractors Association since 2003, and advisor to the California Plaster Council 2008
- Member of the American Bar Association, Orange County Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Association of Southern California Defense Attorneys, Indoor Air Quality Council, Celtic Bar Association of Orange County and Athlete’s Touch
- Legal Volunteer Laura’s House Orange County Victims of Domestic Violence
- Embajador para Corazon de Vida Tijuana Orphanages
- Pop Warner Football Coach